Monday, March 23, 2009

Back in the saddle

This seems to be a recurring theme with me, one that I don't appreciate very much.

I stop riding for a period of time (in this case, a few months). This time, I was starting to cross train (jogging), and one of my 40-year-old knees wasn't really up to the task. Then, work got crazy, and I got sick with that cold that's going around. That plus family obligations... And I stop working out for the most part.

So, I'm back on the bike again, training for a century in July. Did 22 miles to and from work on Friday, am going to start stepping things up again. Oh, and going to try and lose some weight too, although having dinner at 11pm doesn't really help with that goal. I'm still about 20 pounds down from my all-time heaviest weight, but sure would like to lose some more.

No comments: